The use of ICT in education is a landmark step. The use of ICT in education has spread rapidly in the outside world. The use of computers in data and data analysis in various studies has multiplied the knowledge and scope of human beings. Educational activities are being disseminated through various ICTs including radio, television, computer, internet, telephone and the use of this technology is being expanded in different sectors of education. The use of ICT in education is discussed below:
- Classroom Teaching Methods: To attract the attention of the students in the classroom and with the pen in their hands, many complex and scientific contents of the text for teaching are displayed on the big screen on the monitor through the computer. ICT is helping students in many complex subjects. The teaching method in the classroom with the help of projectors has attracted a lot of students. Students are now learning and solving many complex things easily in a short time.
- Admission Activities: In the collection of admission activities and other related information in the educational institutions, the students can easily know the admission process in the educational institutions of the world through the use of internet technology on a computer, mobile phone. The admission process is currently being conducted online.
- Test results: By connecting OMR (Optical Mark Reader) to the computer, the test results of the candidates can be checked and the test results can be prepared in a short time.
- Preservation of various information: Multiple information used in educational institutions can be stored on a computer as proof for future needs. The data stored in the memory portion of the computer is a mini data repository.
- Certificates: After passing the examination, testimonials, number sheets, and other necessary documents of the students can be composed on the computer and distributed with instant print.
- Forms: Student admission forms, information and data forms, pads, debit and credit forms, admission forms, etc. are done on the computer. Nowadays you don’t have to go to a printing house or any other computer center to make a form.
- Administrative Information: Biodata of the officers and employees employed in the educational institution, clearing of salary and wage accounts, all the information related to promotion is stored in the computer and prompt delivery is given if required.
- Communication: The communication of modern information technology is essential for educational institutions. The organization needs to communicate with outside organizations online and by telephone. It is also possible to compose and save daily correspondence, paperwork and save through the computer.
The above discussion shows that the use of information technology in education is a landmark demand of the time.
ICT in education
ICT is so widespread in society that classrooms should not be left behind and should take advantage of what they can offer. However, children and young people must be taught to use them safely and consciously.
It is the educational sector’s responsibility to gradually implement all technologies that may benefit student learning in some way and to make sure they learn how to use them in a world where they have already become part of their professional lives and social environments.
What are the most used technologies in the classroom?
- By using blogs and social networks, students can expose and discuss different topics, publish content related to the subjects, etc.
- Tools like calendars and task managers are very useful for scheduling exams, and deliveries, and creating workflows.
- The cloud allows us to store and access data collaboratively, from anywhere and on any device. Office packages, storage, and other tools use this technology.
- Interacting with whiteboards and digital whiteboards: whiteboards allow projecting and controlling images from a computer, making notes and comments, and saving and emailing the screen. Interactive tables allow students to interact directly with the surface.